24 July 2005

Project GirlBot update

It’s amazing really. A week on the market and sales of my new GirlBot (“All of the woman. None of the annoying pepper spray”™), have far exceeded expectations.

I must attribute a large part of this success to the positive reviews in Nerd Magazine, where they praised my innovative oral vacuum/blower push-pull design, (loosely based on the 5 gallon, Wet-n-Dry ShopVac). You can even use your GirlBot to clean out your car, if you’re into that sort of thing. Most of my customers; hailing from Silicon valley; I suspect are not.

I was also awarded a trophy for “Best.Product.Ever” at this years COMDEX convention, while a chubby fellow in a stained penguin t-shirt belted out a love song to his GirlBot:

“Did you ever know that you’re my hero?
You’re everything I hoped that you would be.
Even while driving in my Pinto,
You are the wind beneath my things.”

It was very touching; in a creepy “sequined white glove” sort of way.


And that's the way I likes it.