28 January 2006

Tagged!


After recovering consciousness, I plucked the empty tranquilizer dart of from my ample posterior and struggled to my feet. The newly attached radio collar chafes my neck and for some reason, my ear hurts.

I’ve been meme tagged.

Damn you, Arlington.

But at least, the 50ml of Telazol explains yesterday’s post.

In any event; here is the damn "7x7" meme:

Seven movies that I like (In no particular order)

Groundhog Day. (Andie McDowell. Grooooowl!)
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Lawrence of Arabia
Waking Ned Devine
Unforgiven
Hope and Glory
The Dish
Office Space
Groundhog Day. (Andie McDowell. Grooooowl!)
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Lawrence of Arabia
Waking Ned Devine
Unforgiven
Hope and Glory
The Dish
Office Space
Groundhog Day. (Andie McDowell. Grooooowl!)
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Lawrence of Arabia
Waking Ned Devine
Unforgiven
Hope and Glory
The Dish
Office Space


Seven books that I like (In no particular order)

“The Papers of A.J. Wentworth, BA”, H.F. Ellis, The private papers of a self important public school teacher maths master in pre-war Britain. Hilarious.

“Three Men in a Boat (Not to Mention the Dog)”, Jerome K. Jerome, The story of my young adulthood, written seventy years before I was born (Note to self, bring a can opener for the pineapple).

“The Polish Officer”, Alan Furst, Dark, grim, beautifully written.

“Mayhem:” J. Robert Janes, Bludgeony fun in occupied France.

“The Chronicles of Amber” Roger Zelazney. Actually a series bound in one volume. The tale of a magical wonderland; Detroit. May require you to drop mushrooms to fully comprehend. Not a bad idea, actually.

The Hornblower Saga, C.S. Forester. Yahhhhrgh!

“A Talent for War” Jack McDevitt

Seven Things I say.

“Yar”,
“Shiver me timbers”,
“Eeexcellent”,
“I didn’t do it, M’lud”,
“Goons, thrash him!”,
“I want my mummy”,
“Say, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?”

Seven things that attract me to the City.

Gravity,
Electromagnetism,
Strong force,
Weak force,
Three to be named later. Maybe (Insert Heisenberg joke here)

Seven things to do before I die

Listen, are we done yet? This is getting really tedious.

Seven things I can’t do.

Put my elbow in my ear. Moving on…


Seven people to tag.

Attila the Hun
Genghis Khan
Emir Timur
Saladin
Some Viking. (No, not that one, the bearded one with the axe. )
The CEO of Halliburton
Either Queen Victoria, or RuPaul. I haven’t decided yet.



UPDATE!

Genghis Khan writes:

“How dare you tag me? My hordes shall sweep across your lands, bringing devastation, famine, pestilence, unwanted pregnancies to your women folk and painful rectal penetration to your menfolk!

I shall ride across your domains on roads paved with your skulls! Saddles shall be made from your flayed skin! I shall have yurts made from your intestines while you yet breathe!

Oh, BTW, You liked the Chronicles of Amber?!?! WTF dude! I found it to be quite tedious. But I’m with you on Andie McDowell in GHD. Rowr!!!”

UPDATE # 2!!

If you haven't seen "The Dish", rent or buy it. Seriously, it's funny.


And that's the way I likes it.